Whether you’re a primary care physician, dentist, physical therapist, or other specialty physician in Maryland, your practice needs a space that fits your unique needs. But where do you start? How do you find a commercial space that not only meets all of your physical needs – great location, ample parking, lots of space, the right amenities, growth potential, etc. – but also comes at the right price? Well, working with experienced healthcare real estate brokers is a great place to start.
Why Just Any Commercial Real Estate Broker Won’t Do
Working with a commercial real estate broker can save you time, money, and plenty of headaches. However, not all brokers are created equal. Healthcare real estate is a specific niche in the commercial real estate market, and it is important to find an experienced broker who understands the intricacies of this specialized field to make sure you’re getting expert insight and leverage. Healthcare real estate brokers offer several unique benefits, including:
- Specialized Knowledge: An experienced healthcare real estate broker knows the medical and dental market in Maryland, the properties, landlords, buyers and sellers. These brokers also have relationships with medical and dental equipment suppliers; contractors and architects that specialize in medical construction; lenders, attorneys, and accountants that specialize in healthcare; and consultants and marketers that specialize in medical and dental practices.
- Experience: Healthcare real estate brokers know what their medical clients need and have experience in purchase and lease negotiations specific to those unique needs.
- Tools: Brokers that specialize in healthcare real estate use building sale databases and cutting-edge tools to locate properties that fit your unique needs as a medical or dental practice.
Understanding Healthcare Real Estate
Just as there is a big difference between residential and commercial real estate, there are also some major differences between different types of commercial real estate: healthcare, retail, warehouse, etc. Some factors to consider when looking at healthcare real estate include:
- Suitable Space: There are four primary types of commercial properties that fit the unique needs of medical and dental professionals: office buildings, retail space, medical office buildings (MOBs), and hospital campuses. Each property type has its own benefits, and understanding those will help you determine which best suits your practice.
- Leasing/Buying Process: The process of leasing or buying medical real estate is often more complex than a standard commercial transaction. So, it is important to work with a broker who knows what to expect.
- Financing: Lenders typically understand that medical and dental tenants sign longer leases than other types of property owners, which can mean lower and better financing if you have a broker that understands how to negotiate for the healthcare industry.
- Healthcare Laws: Healthcare real estate brokers understand the different legalities associated with leasing or purchasing healthcare real estate. Specialty regulations to consider include Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability (HIPAA), Stark and Kickback, as well as Maryland and local regulations.
Healthcare real estate brokers have the experience and specialized knowledge required for handling medical properties: site selection, purchase vs. lease comparison, lease analysis, lease/purchase negotiations, and so much more. Working with a broker that understands the healthcare real estate market in Maryland can be a tremendous benefit.
United Development Realty – Maryland Healthcare Real Estate Brokers Working For YOU
At United Development Realty, we understand the healthcare real estate market inside and out. We are a commercial real estate brokerage firm in Maryland specializing in the representation of medical and dental professionals, like you. Our healthcare real estate brokers are ready to help you find, negotiate, and lease or buy the right commercial space for your practice. How do we do this? By listening to you.
We take the time to get to know you, your practice, your vision, your objectives, and your goals. Then, once we fully understand your practice and its unique needs, we can assist you through a tailored package of services.
|Real Estate Market Analysis||Negotiation Strategy||Expansions & Relocations|
|Market Surveys||Lease and Purchase Negotiations||Strategic Planning|
|Site Selection||Lease Analysis||Space Planning|
|Purchase vs. Lease Comparison||Lease Renewal||And More!|
Over the years, we’ve assisted hundreds of healthcare professionals and worked closely with medical related business owners, including Johns Hopkins, Maryland State Dental Association, MedStar, LabCorp, Union Memorial Hospital, American Physical Therapy Association, American Academy of Physician Assistants, University of Maryland, Baltimore Washington Medical Center, Howard County General Hospital, and many more.Please call our office (locations in Bethesda 240-221-1976 and Fells Point 410-522-1632) to get in touch with licensed healthcare real estate brokers today. Our client-first approach ensures that your unique needs are always met.